Thursday, October 20, 2011

Speed Workout....Oh how I Loathe thee....

Yesterday was the first real test, a speed workout on the track.  Pyramids, my least favorite of all. I mean, I'd rather walk down the street in a bikini, during rush hour!  I am a distance runner, my 10K is a slower pace than my 1/2 marathon pace, so getting on the track and moving it is a bit intimidating to me.

First of all, I am lazy.  When it comes to really pushing it, I hate that pain, I feel like I'm going to die and my legs are going to fall off and, I'm kind of attached to my life and my legs, so that isn't an exciting feeling.

The pyramid workout we did was 1 mile fast, 2 800s with a negative split, and 4 400s, again with a negative split.  My times were fairly decent.  I ran 7:09, 3:31, 3:28, 1:38, 1:37, 1:37,1:32.   Though not my best, and certainly not where I want to be running come February, but I'll take it right now.

The best part of all this was I wasn't totally pooped out at the end, and was able to easily get up and do a slow 5 mile recovery run today.  I am pleased, and cautiously optimistic.

Healthy Running!
Tracy

2 comments:

  1. Kelli directed me here -- I think that we met on the trail one day (Kelli is my running partner) and I think you were the nutritionist at Apple that my husband saw (his name is Craig). Lovely to find you in the blog world, too!

    Congrats on the speed workout! I'm praying that you get to run the races you have set out for yourself and that your calf is completely healed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if you are interested, I have a weekly link up at my blog where you can meet some great bloggers. Here is the link with the details: http://findingheaventoday.blogspot.com/p/about-soli-deo-gloria.html

    ReplyDelete