Thursday, February 14, 2013

Rest Day!

Tomorrow is a rest day; and I'm taking it!!  Been burning the candle the last two weeks.  I've lost 2 pounds and I expect to be down again on Saturday :).  My arms are again looking lean and mean, it's just to bad that I hold all my weight from the belly button below.

I can tell that I've lost some weight because my CW-X tights are much easier to get on and comfortable to run in again.  I got me some cool new running shoes.  They are Adidas, which I've never run in before.  They do have a flash of yellow on the bottom, but they are grey and white.  Kind of a nice throwback to the neutral colored shoes.  Balances me out from the neon Mizuno's I have.

I was playing with my Garmin yesterday, running fun reports to see if I've improved since I started training again.  Since January 1, 2013 I have run: 158.46 miles in 23:07:06 at an average speed of 6.9 MPH (~8:40 pace) with an average HR of 140 and burned an estimated 15,420 calories.  Pretty cool.  Interesting to note that in a month and a half I've spent almost one day hitting the pavement.  

I still have problems with my pace.  I find it very difficult in the first 6 miles of any run to accurately determine if I am running at my goal.  I find that I am often running to fast at the end.  Is that because in my mind running a fast marathon is going to be so hard that I need to somewhat push myself?  Or is it that I'm pushing myself because I think the first 6 miles are so hard?  In either case, I need to figure it out and get my pacing down a bit better.

I'm so excited for my rest day tomorrow, I've got it all planned out!  I'm not getting out of bed until it's time to get the girls up for school, then I'm getting back in bed until I have to get up and go to the Dermatologist appointment.  Then I'm having lunch with an old co-worker, and then it is leftovers and Friday night movie night!!  

I'm excited for all the runners in Austin on Sunday.  I've got a few friends that have been training hard for this event.  It is a great course and an awesome marathon to run.  Looking forward to supporting the runners this year.  Always fun to give back.



No comments:

Post a Comment