Thursday, February 7, 2013

Grandma Shoes!

I've had a full week of quality workouts and TRX now for 2 weeks.  I've hit everyone of my workouts, except one, in which case I could only do an easy 3 recovery run because I had my girls with me while school was out.

My body has been paying for it!  I had a massage on Wednesday!  Kristen Tagle at Heart and Sole Massage is awesome.  I was so tight, from the tip of my head to the bottom of my feet.  Girl she said, what have you been doing??  You are tighter and more knotty than you were throughout all your IM training!

Needless to say, the massage was delirious torture!  I have never winced when someone massaged my feet, but they hurt!!  I knew they were tired and sore, but I didn't realize just how much so until she began to work on them.  "Girl, you need to take care of these feet! It's a wonder you can walk, let alone run with all these cables and adhesions down here" she said.  She said a lot more too!  When I left, indeed I felt much looser, but oh, could I feel the work she had done on me.  It hurt to put my shoes back on, and I realized it's time for Grandma Shoes!

I went home and I looked online for some comfort sandals.  In the winter, I always wear Dansko and Clarks and Born, they have great fashionable boots and the shoes are so comfy, but summertime sandals leave a bit to be desired.  I've had a few cute summer Dansko Clogs and Indigo and Born heeled sandals, but what I need now were flats, comfy flats.  It is just to darn hot in Texas to wear sneakers in the summer!!

I found some that I thought were reasonably cute for flat comfort based sandals.  I found 2 pairs of clarks on sale and one pair of Danskos!  $135.00 later, (can you say steal?) and two days later my husband opens the box and looks at me.  He says, "I was expecting something with a little more pizzaz!"

I excitedly grabbed the boxes and put on my new sandals.  "They look comfy." he says.  Which translates to "I don't like!"

But they feel like heaven on my feet!  I love these sandals!  Yes, I will wear my old lady Mommy shoes with comfort and joy, then I'll rock my run clothes!  After all, that is what Lulu is for!

Happy Running!




No comments:

Post a Comment