Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's Here!

Just picked up my packet for the race.  Didn't stay long at the expo.  Planned it so that I could go in and get my packet and meet the pacers.  I was in and out of there in 40 minutes, including parking time!  Woo Hoo.  I did see the Team 4:13 booth and they had a lot of cool new shirts this year, but that will have to wait until another expo.

I've decided to run with the pace group.  When they said 8:34 even splits, I wasn't so intimidated as I was by the 8:20 to qualify with that 5 minute window.  I can do this!!  There have been doors opened for me this running season that only He could open.


I plan to go out slow, keep the pacers in sight, catch them on the downhills, keep them on sight through the uphills, catch them again in the middle and hold on until mile 20 - 22 where I can turn it on.  Nutrition will be key, I hope my training will serve me well!

I'm nervous, excited, apprehensive all in one!  But win or lose, I feel very confident that I will run a strong race and that is what matters most for me.  It will be a race run with joy and gratitude in the awesomeness of our Lord.

Good luck to all you other runners out there!  Here are some great inspirational biblical quotes that I hope bring you strength!

Philippians 4:6 
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” (NIV)

Philippians 4:13 
“I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” (NIV)

Isaiah 40:29-31
“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (NIV)

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” (NIV)

Isaiah 40:31
“But those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.” (NIV)

Colossians 3:23-24
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” (NIV)


Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you; Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (NIV)

Exodus 15:2a
"The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him ." (NIV)


2 Samuel 22:33-34 
"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."  (NIV)




Dear Lord,


I pray today that the runners of the Livestrong Marathon are covered by you Lord.  I pray for strength, energy, and stamina for all.  I pray for hearts to be opened and touched by Your runners.  May they see Team 4:13 verses of your word and want more.  May they hear stories like mine and others and be brought to you.  It is in Jesus name I pray.  Amen.



Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment